After three weeks of the NFL season my top five quarterback rankings have had a major shift. It’s important to note my rankings are based solely on this past weekends play, and there are no carry overs.
- Russell Wilson for the last two seasons has shown us all that he is the new normal when it comes to playing the quarterback position. Russell is undefeated against Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady.
- Phillip Rivers, continues to carve his way through the leagues’ best defenses, and is a leading candidate for NFL’s Player of the year.
- Andy Dalton has the Cincinnati Bengals playing at a level we haven’t seen since the days of Ken Anderson. The combination of Dalton and AJ Green could very well be the best in the game right now!
- Nick Foles with the Philadelphia Eagles (I wrote a blog earlier on the genius of Chip Kelly and specifically his systems’ ability to make the quarterback play better than he is. In Nick’s case, he challenging me on this notion!
- Drew Stanton…Since taking over for Carson Palmer all Drew has done is lead the Arizona Cardinals to two victories and now the team over all is 3-0. Which poses a legitimate question. Who is their quarterback when Carson Palmer gets heathy?